A Day in the Life of a Blonde

Just the mindless wanderings of a blonde!

Friday, April 21, 2006

Is that what I think I see...

So the other day we were sitting on the couch eating dinner and I look over into the dining room and see Inde, our cat, playing with a toy mouse...or so I thought. Then I got thinking "Inde doesn't have any toy mice that are gray." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH "Brian, that's a real mouse!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sure enough, it was. The kitties chased it into the basement and Brian found where it came from and he has put foam filler in where he came out and we haven't seen him or any of his friends since!

I had it in my mind that only people that didn't keep a clean house or were really dirty people got mice...trust me, that's not us. But after sharing my mouse story, turns out we aren't alone...lots of people have had mice.

Whew.

5 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger Emmakirst said…

    Oh i would have died!
    We've had our share too, i live in the country and it's super easy for field mice to get in, if there's a way. The dryer vent was a little pulled off of the dryer and that was their entrance to our home :( Darn thingS!

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...and where there is one mouse there are many others I am afraid. you might want to get that checked.

     
  • At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with the last person. Cleanliness has nothing to do with why you would have mice. They must be finding a way to get into your house from outside. You should have someone look into it.

    When I was a kid we had mice get into our house when I lived on the farm... disgusting but my sister woke up one night because one of them was in her hair. YIKES!

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Two words - 'farm house'! We've had our share - especially when harvest is just done. Tip: Even if you think you closed up the place where the mouse got in, you should still set a trap for a few days or a week, just to be sure - I very rarely catch just one mouse.

     
  • At 9:54 PM, Blogger Emma in Canada said…

    We had mice in the area where I live and though quite a few in their houses mine were only ever seen in the garage. We used a poison that was supposed to make them seek water outside, but I found two dead ones in the garage. Uck. I was told they can get into a crack the size of a dime, so it is almost impossible to avoid them.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home