A Day in the Life of a Blonde

Just the mindless wanderings of a blonde!

Friday, February 03, 2006

This is like those nasty chain letters you got as a kid...

Well, I've been meme'd, by Jen so here it goes.

Four jobs I’ve had:
*Wal-Mart and Japan Camera Photolab Technician -- I did this job for a few years during high school and college. I still can't believe some of the stuff people take pictures of...why, I ask, why?
*Mall Gift Certificate saleswoman -- one of the most BORING jobs ever. I only did it for one year at Christmas time, and I spent more money on New York Fries than I made.
*I was a table setter at a super fancy shmancy restaurant, the Century Grill -- all I did was set tables...how exciting...the money was good
*I was a saleswoman at La Senza -- yup, I sold undies and other assorted womens goodies. When a woman, large in stature, shall we say, asks, "Do you have this thong in XXXL?" I knew I had to quit. The mental images supplied by my customers' questions was enough.

Four movies I can watch over and over:

*The Princess Bride
*Double Jeopardy
*The Bone Collector, John Q -- anything with my boyfriend Denzel in it.
*I am Sam

Four places I’ve lived:

*Lethbridge, Alberta -- I was raised there -- still call it home and always will.
*Edmonton, Alberta -- DEADMONTON -- hated it there. Will never move back. Only lived there because my program is only offered at NAIT.
*St. Louis, Missouri -- Moved there right after we were married...I didn't mind it, but it was too far away from home.
*Calgary, Alberta -- LOVE IT! Only two hours away from my family, and Calgary has so much to offer!

Four TV shows I love:

We don't have cable, we think it is a waste of money and time, but we do have peasant vision for those nights that we don't have anything to do.

*CSI in all its forms -- but I still like the original the best.
*Law and Order -- any time anywhere!
*Cold Case -- I love the way they go back in time and the casting in this show is SO well done!
*Da Vinci's Inquest -- a Canadian Law and Order
Okay, so I like anything law related -- which is probably why I'm a court reporter he he he!

Four highly-touted shows I detest:

*Any reality show, can't stand any of them.
*Desperate Hoes -- oops, I mean Desperate Housewives -- please, people, if you need to watch this show -- you need a life.
*The O.C. -- watched a part of it once -- saw enough "teenagers" doing each other, that I wasn't impressed.
*South Beach -- watched a part of it the other night for the first time -- not terribly impressed with the acting, and it was all about sex -- that shouldn't surprise me anymore, I guess.

Four books I’d recommend to anyone, anytime

*I Love You Forever, makes me cry every time I read it. (This was Jen's answer, but I totally agree)
*The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Dr. Laura Schlessinger
*Any John Grisham novels
*No Doubt About it, by Sheri Dew

Four places I’ve vacationed:

*Whitefish, Montana -- my parents have a condo there, so relaxing...mmmmmm....
*Disneyland -- I was 5, went on the Jaws ride. sat on the side where Jaws comes up right in your face to this day, TERRIFIED of the Jaws music and haven't watched the movie. Still thanking mom and dad for that one! Disneyworld -- I was 13 or something SO fun, had a blast -- no Jaws ride...thank goodness
*Miami, Florida -- just got home about a month ago -- GORGEOUS! I loved the weather.
*Branson, Missouri -- would have been more fun if I was in my 70s.

Four of my favorite dishes:

*Turkey dinner with all the fixin's MMMMMmmmmm
*Chicken Cordon Bleu -- mmm....
*New Dynasty Restaurant in Lethbridge -- pineapple chicken, beef with broccoli, ginger beef...it is all SOOOO good.
*Open Sesame -- SO good, anything from there is good.

Four sites I visit daily:

*google
*TD Canada trust -- gotta make sure I still have money LOL
*Myfamily.com checking up on the family news!
*www.devynnbohnphotography.com to check my email

Four places I would rather be right now:

*Miami...
*In bed....lol
*Touring Egypt and Jerusalem
*Anywhere that I can wear a swimming suit outside and it is warm.

Four bloggers I am tagging (okay, well 2):

*Brian (I'll be surprised if he has time to do this)
*Laura (Four kids -- not a lot of time, but we'll see...)
*Don't have anyone else to put on this.

9 Comments:

  • At 10:59 AM, Blogger Ole said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Kris said…

    You'd better watch out which cities you call names...you just might offend someone, although I don't think it appears like you'd really care if you did *wink*. (BTW I LOVE DEADMONTON, and HATE Calgary so there*pllllttttt*)

    K.

     
  • At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Edmonton couldn't have been all that bad. There had to have been at least one roommate you got along with ;)

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Devynn said…

    Actually, now that I think about it -- I did have the coolest roommate ever while I lived there! She was the best! (How the heck are you chicita?) I'm glad to see you are still checking up on us. Email me sometime!

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    See Devynn, it wasn't THAT bad doing this meme was it?

    Alright, I vow never to tag you with something this atrocious again, deal?

     
  • At 9:44 PM, Blogger Devynn said…

    deal

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Dev,

    Just for the record Jaws was at Universal Studios Hollywood not Disneyland. Unfortunately all of my experience as a travel agent and 4 free trips to Disneyland while I worked as one gives me the ability to point this one small fact out.

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Devynn said…

    Lol, thanks Jessie.

    When you are five I guess it all ran together as Disneyland for me!

     
  • At 7:25 AM, Blogger Emma in Canada said…

    Edmonton's not so bad, depends on where you live I suppose.

    But if I had the choice I'd probably choose to raise kids in Calgary.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home