A Day in the Life of a Blonde

Just the mindless wanderings of a blonde!

Monday, January 09, 2006

Welcome to Miami...

Well, I don't even know where to start, Oh, faithful readers! (ha ha ha ha ha) So we spent Christmas in Miami with the in-laws. We had a lot of fun in Miami -- kinda hard to not have fun, if you ask me. We spent time visiting a lot of Brian's cousins, whom I had never met, so that was really fun to finally meet people that I had only ever heard about. We even went deep sea fishing, which was a big step for the waterphobic person -- ME! I don't like the thought of what is in water that deep, and I certainly didn't like the fact that we could see the bottom of the ocean, then it was getting harder, and then BOOM black. It was kinda creepy. But it was a big enough boat, that I figured I was okay. I guess I forgot about the actual catching of fish part -- something else I've never done. Let's just say I never touched my bait -- Brian or his brother always baited my hook for me. When my brother-in-law said to Brian "So we just stick the hook right between their eyes, right?" I almost hurled then and there. I didn't need to know that. We were obviously using little fish to catch bigger ones. I didn't catch anything. My father-in-law didn't catch anything, but my sister-in-law, who was sick for most of it, caught a few in the few minutes she actually fished! Oh, well. I had a few really big bites that I couldn't hold onto the rod, but by the time Brian came over to help, it was gone :( People caught eel, shark, and mackeral. It was awesome. You could hear some of the big fish when the finally brought them on board, you could hear them flipping out (literally ha ha) and hitting the side of the boat. So that was our deep sea fishing experience. I'll attach a picture from that. In the picture, we didn't catch that big hugo mugo 80-pound fish, it was there when we came back from our fishing.


We also saw a sea turtle too, but he quickly left before I could get a good picture, but I at least got a picture of him.

There were some BEAUTIFUL houses and boats out there. Man, people have money.



We stayed in West Palm Beach, and we were only a 20-minute drive from the ocean. We took family pictures on the beach, and they were really nice. We mostly hung out at the beach.


This was the view on our ride to land after the deep sea fishing -- it was so breathtaking, this picture doesn't do it justice!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Alyson said…

    I'm Jelous. I almost feel like I never been anywhere.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home