A Day in the Life of a Blonde

Just the mindless wanderings of a blonde!

Friday, May 06, 2005

The joys of home ownership and we haven't even taken possession!

Ooops, I haven't written for a long time!

This house thing can take over one's life!

So not much is new here, but buying a house is a lot of work. We signed the final mortgage documents yesterday, and then they will go to the lawyer's, and then we go to the lawyer's office to sign -- I'm glad someone out there knows what they are doing. We are just following orders.

Anyway, so we want a pot rack in our kitchen, simply because we don't have a ton of room with cupboards in the kitchen. Do you think they exist? Not at IKEA, Home Depot, Rona, Home Outfitters -- oh, wait, Home Depot had one for -- are you sitting down? AHEM -- $750??????????? That is outrageous -- but I'm pretty sure it came with a full-time butler.
Anyway, pot racks are hard to find.
And then, we went to look at furniture yesterday, like, a living room couch set ... Brian and I couldn't agree on what colour the carpet was in the living room. I thought it was slate grey with purple -- he thought it was a grey-blue. Either way -- this is the only time I'm going to say that my husband was right on a decorating issue -- it is a dark grey/blue. I can't believe he was right on this one. Now I have to eat my words!

Well, that's about it for now -- let me know if you know of a good place to get a pot rack for MUCH less than $750!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger Alyson said…

    Maybe you should make your own. I'm sure the materials would be much less than 750

     

Post a Comment

<< Home